Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pain in the Tushie!!!

I love 3 day weekends.  In fact, I love them so much I think every week should have a three day weekend.  This weekend was busy, and quite eventful. 

For starters Friday night a huge box came via FedEx.  The brother was kind enough to bring it in for me.  I knew right away it was my soon to be bike...so I was very happy to get it.  Saturday the bf got it out of the box and started assembling...when he noticed one of the hand brakes was broken.  :(  Yesterday the BF's dad helped fix my bike by putting on a different brake...and putting on my new seat.  Let me share with you what was going through my head as I was attempting to ride my bike.
     1. OMG my butt hurts!!!  I need a new seat ASAP.
     2. Maybe that whole helmet thing being a good idea isn't so stupid.
     3.  I am going to fall and break my head open. 
     4.  What if I slip over the handlebars?
     5.  What is my foot gets stuck on the peddle.
     6.  Why does the seat hurt my tushy so much more than when I was a kid?? 
     7.  *while peddling uphill* My legs are going to fall off

Those were just a few things running through my mind.  I realized...I may be a bit of a worry wart.  You see, I take all the joy out of what should be a simple task and fill it with worry.  Literally as soon as I got on the bike I started to envision all 15 ways my bike was going to kill me.  Literally and figuratively.  I couldn't just get on and enjoy.  And that's whats sad.  I do that with so many things.  I must be so terribly petrified of dying that every activity I do entails all the ways said activity will kill me.  Man...I have problems!

I called in my Nasonex - you know the allergy commercial with the adorable bee that has a foreign accent - and I was told by the pharmacist that our health insurance no longer covers it...and of course it's not available in generic.  Stupid bee!!!  I have tried Flonase, with little to no success...so they gave me another one to try before they could send in an authorization for Nasonex.  Let me share my experience.  Have you ever accidental gotten water up your nose while swimming??  You know that massive burn in the nostrils that it creates??  Well that my friends is exactly how it felt when I tried to use the nose spray.  My nostrils were on fire. 

Speaking of pools...I bought an 8'x30" pool last week but it was too rainy and stormy to put it up until Saturday.  After filling it with water...which took several hours it was finally ready for the next step...the chemicals.  We (and by "we" I mean the bf) added the pool shock and almost like clock work the pool started turning a lovely shade of red. Apparently that's what happens when you piss off algae.  After much searching the bf realizes that he no longer has his pool pump from his other pool so we had to go get one.  The stupid pump was $70...the pool itself was only $35.  So I notice that they have a 12' x 2.75' foot with a pump for $79...so we ended up getting the other pool.  Of course I can't take the pool back...so maybe I'll see if M's mom wants it for her house.  Originally we were just going to use the pump on the smaller pool, but the pump didn't fit...so we had to drain the pool and fill up the new pool.  Mind you, the bf hates the maintenance of a pool so he was pleased.  Once the new pool filled with water we put the chemicals in.  Now to filter out the water and we'll be good to go...I hope!!

So let me get back to the title of this post.  If you didn't know...my butt hurts.  I think the seat bruised my butt.  It seriously hurts.  I always new that stupid exercise would be the death of me!!!  This is why I don't exercise!!! 

Stay tuned for more of my misadventures tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment