Friday, April 15, 2011

Pondering...

I have been pondering a few things...and I have a letter to a no named person. 

Let's say you have a friend and they start dating someone.  If you and said someone don't get along...OR if the someone doesn't like you...does it matter??  Because a friend said it doesn't matter.  This person said I don't have to like the person my friend dates...or that the person doesn't have to like me.  I disagree.  I feel it's kind of a big deal.  Because after all...isn't the beauty of adult friendships to hang out with other couples...generally your friends??  How awkward and terribly unfun is it to hang out with people that don't get along...or who refuse to hang out with you??  Thoughts???

And here's my letter. 

Dear self proclaimed "Nerdy Geeky" boy,
I get it.  Maybe you were picked on, or bullied in school and now you hate all people you assume are "like" the offender.  Well I was picked on too.  I know what it's like to come home from school crying every day.  I know what it's like to hold on to that hostility.  I get it.  However, not everyone that is stereotypical "non-nerdy/geeky" person is like that.  Not every football player is your stereotypical Jock.  Some can actually be nice.  However, what I think you fail to realize is that YOU have now become the bully.  You are now the picker oner.  (I realize that is not a word).  You intellectually demean others to make yourself feel better about yourself...at the expense of others.  It's not an admirable quality. 

I truly know that you are a good person.  You actually have times when you are quite enjoyable, and fun, and one could possibly like you as a friend.  But for your own sake, and the sake of so many others...stop looking down on everyone that isn't like you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment