Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adventures in dieting...and other ranting ramblings...

Okay so this is technically week two of the big diet adventure...but I'm really saying it's week one since I just officially signed up for WW online yesterday.  Man...I haven't mastered the art of feeling full.  I have, however mastered the art of feeling like I'm going to gnaw my own arm off.  Then again...that would probably be too many points plus.  WHY is it so easy to gain wait...and yet so incredibly hard to lose it.  And why, oh why must food taste so good??  I have decided to no longer buy things in which I can't stop myself from eating.  The problem lies in the fact that I have replaced popsicles with frozen grapes.  Good, right??  Seeing as how fruits and veggies are no longer points...I can eat all I want.  Nope...that's where it gets ya.  You eat until you're satisfied.  Okay, so what about when you're in my case...and you're never satisfied??  I could probably eat my way through a vineyard of grapes (wine works too) and still want to eat more.  What's funny is we ran out of grapes on Sunday...and I swear it's like I was having withdrawals from frozen grapes yesterday.  So much so that I bought three bags at Kroger...and I'll probably go back tomorrow and get more.  They are on sale for 98 cents...which is super cheap for grapes.  I need to buy a freezer dedicated solely to them.  But I guess my problem is...if I'm eating all these grapes...how is it really any better than my plethora of popsicles? Grapes have calories too. 

I am trying to eat smaller portions and have periodic healthy snacks throughout the day.  Can anyone guess what my afternoon snack consists of??  Grapes??  You guessed it!!  Sometimes it consists of string cheese instead.  They say protein helps you feel full longer.  You know what I think??  I think string cheese is just a tease.  Oh well...It will get better...and I know once I drop a pants size, or see a change in the scale I'll feel more encouraged. 

So...how does one successfully diet and not want to eat an appendage?? 

On another note...

Remember the "nerdy/geek" person I wrote that lovely letter to??  Well I have more to say.

Dear "that person",
I understand that you are always out to make yourself look smart...and feel smart.  Remember...we have had this discussion of how you put others down to bring yourself up? So...when I read you one of the daily calendar pages from my "Butter my butt and call me a biscuit" calendar, I don't need you to tell me that it's not proper grammar.  And let me list the reasons why.

1.  The calendar is calendar is called "butter my butt and call me a biscuit".  Really...what did you expect.
2.  I don't give a flying eff if it's grammatically correct or not.
3.  If I wanted to get an english lesson then I would enroll in school...and get a diploma. 
4.  Remember...there was a time when "OMG", "LOL", "drama queen", "soul patch", "waterboarding", and "unfriend" weren't actually words but guess what...they're now in the dictionary. 

Sincerely,
I'm not your student

No comments:

Post a Comment