Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My little birdies...

So I found this new template designer that offers free templates...which is VERY hard to find...and her work is great.  However, is it just me or are my birdies cut off??  All I see are there itty bitty legs.  :(  Hopefully it's just me, but I'm sure it's not. 

I got a new phone over the weekend.  I have been waiting in anticipation for about 4 months...or ever since I washed my Blackberry in the washing machine.  Turns out those things don't much care for water.  I've been using a loaner ever since then...which was a decent phone...but definitely not what I wanted for the long run.  I have had my eye on the HTC Evo for quite some time but had never seen it in person.  We stopped at the Sprint store New Years day on the way home from Lexington.  Much to my chagrin, it was HUGE.  GINORMOUS!!  Then again, I was going from the smallest Smartphone on the market,  to this...phone...that could be mistaken for a Tablet.  Yikes!  Apparently the phone comes in white or black.  Man, I didn't know I was going to have to make choices...I was SO not prepared for this.  Normally I would have mulled this over in my head for weeks...and I'd probably have changed my mind 27 times too...but this time was not the case.  I opted for White...because it just seemed more girlie.  The rest of Saturday was consumed with becoming one with the phone.  I think I have finally mastered it.  Well, sort of anyway.  Casey was wonderful enough to buy the phone for me...and of course I have the stupid mail in rebate...which is such a joke.  Making me do work to get my money back.  Pfft!

So, I have decided to take up a new hobby.  I am going to become a professional amateur photographer.  AKA an amateure picture taker.  I have always had this inner passion for taking pictures...as all my friends can attest by my need to take a picture of everything...but this time I'm going to actually try and get good with it.  I'm reading up on tips and tricks.  I know that the first thing I need to do is learn my camera inside and out.  I tried doing that but the battery was dead...so I guess I will have to wait until tonight.  I need to know all there is about it to fully get the most out of each picture.  So if you see me walking around taking a picture or something you might find odd...just wait...I could be in the next National Geographic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment