Thursday, January 6, 2011

Random acts of kindness...

You know…with the conditions of the world as they are, it makes you lose faith in humanity. I mean, is anyone a good person anymore?? Indianapolis has 5 murders already…and it’s only the 6th day of the New Year. What is wrong with this world…and then something good happens…and it restores your faith. Someone does something completely selfless and unnecessary and it makes you realize that there are still good people in this world.

About a month ago I made a Facebook post about Reese and how she ate my new, and favorite lip balm. The lip balm is from a small company up in the New England area and I’ve been in love with her lip balms ever since I was a member of her lip balm of the month club. I am all about supporting smaller businesses…and her stuff rocks. Anyway, it was not two weeks after I got this lip balm…and then Reese jail breaks her cage and eats the entire thing…although she did leave me the tube as a parting gift. So last night I’m sitting in bed and Casey brings me the mail…and there was an envelope with something in it. I opened the envelope and inside was a card…from Emily Caswell. A very sweet card, with a very sweet note…along with 2 of my favorite flavor lip balms. Apparently her best friends dog also is a big fan of her stuff. Who knew dogs loved lip balm. She saw from my Facebook post that Reese ate mine and she wanted me to have those. It was such a small thing, but it meant so very much to me. She didn’t have to do that. For all I know she didn’t see the FB post. She didn’t have to give me anything…but she did. And I truly believe she expected nothing in return. It really made my day!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! I was just stopping by to see how you were doing. It's so good to see you posting again. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lasagna is actually Pioneer Woman's recipe and it's AMAZING! I get lots of requests for it actually. I think the secret is that she uses a combination of ground beef and sausage. I've only ever used ground beef. So not healthy at all but...sometimes you just have to eat it. haha.
    Also, I used diced tomatoes instead of whole tomatoes and I sprinkle some shredded cheese over the top along with the parm.
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and yes, all this snow is completely annoying. ;) It was pretty on Christmas but I was over it after one day.

    ReplyDelete