Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas...YUMMO!!!

Fantabulous Chicken Enchiladas

Okay, so I found this amazing recipe for Chicken Enchiladas. I would say everyone should give it a whirl…although I did change it every so slightly…so I’ll give you my version.

• Three cans ( I used Old El Paso) of mild green enchilada sauce
• One 12.5 oz can of canned CHICKEN…which might be my new favorite thing.
• A 8 oz bag of monteray jack/Colby mix and a 8 oz back of pepperjack cheese.
• Corn or flour tortillas (fajita size)

• Mix about ½ of both cheese with half a can of the enchilada sauce and the can of chicken.
• Pour the other ½ can of (just one of the cans of sauce) the sauce on the bottom of your pan. I think I used an 8x8 pan. It was square...that’s all I know.
• Warm your tortillas (I used corn) in the microwave for about 15 seconds – until warm.
• Take some of your mixture and put it in the tortilla and roll it like you would an enchilada and place in the plan. Continue to do so until you fill your pan.
• Cover with remaining two cans of sauce and remaining cheese. (I only covered with 1 ½ cans of the sauce since my pan was smaller than what the original recipe called for but left the cheese the same.
• Heat in oven on 325 for 20-25 minutes. At the end of cooking I turned my heat up a little to brown the cheese then I turned the broiler on to brown the top…that is just a personal preference.

I also served with Sour Cream. It was delicious and super duper easy!!!!! I would say it was AS good as I have had in restaurants!

No comments:

Post a Comment