Friday, July 17, 2009

Global warming or global cooling???

I'm sorry...but can someone refresh my memory. It is July...right?? That's what I thought...but by having to wear a sweatshirt or coat you sure would think it's more like September or October. I know it's Indiana...but come on. What is up with this weather? I know, I know...it could be much worse. We could have a drought, or a foot of snow...and I'm quite thankful that neither of those is the case. Tomorrow I think the high is 7o and the low is 54. Really?? 54??? It would actually be fantastic if I could open my windows and get a nice breeze but here are a few reasons why that is not possible.

1. My screen door came off the track a few weeks ago...and being the lazy one that I am, I haven't had time to call maintenance and have them come out. (i tried to get it back on...but it was not working)
2. My kitchen window has apparently been painted shut by one of the lovely painters. Apparently in this economy people can't waist the money on painters tape. Who knew?? What's next...people won't be able to spare a square???
3. My bedroom window is open...but there is a slight problem with the screen and it wouldn't take much more than a push to get in (sure hope none of you are stalkers) :)
4. I live on the bottom floor in the back of an apartment building and I'm the only entrance in the back...and i'm by a pond. Something about being a single female that lives alone on the bottom floor just makes me all kinds of paranoid. Luckily though...I do live right next to a fire station..so I am sure some hunky fireman will come to my aide if needed.
5. Because the rest of the house is so warm, and because the AC unit is conveniently located right outside my window it makes it a bit noisy.

So there you have it. AC it is. Not that Reese the vicious 12 pound guard dog won't nip at a burglers ankles...but I'm pretty sure that won't deter them.

Tomorrow I'm crossing my fingers that the weather is at least not raining. I actually really enjoy jeans and sweatshirt weather...just without the rain. I'm going with the secret someone to a co-worker/friend's b-day luau. And really ladies...what screams luau more than jeans and a sweatshirt. Guess I'll have to save my grass skirt and seashell bikini top for next year. I'm really excited and I can't wait actually!! Come to think of it...rain might be better than being in the sun for me. I don't think I fully facebooked about it...but a few weeks ago I went to the pool with friends...got a wee bit too much sun (only a couple hours worth)...and ended up with second degree burns on my legs...so bad that my legs were twice their normal size...and I couldn't walk. NICE!! So sun is no bueno for me!!! Yes, I know...there is this great stuff called sunscreen...I am just stupid. Maybe if my legs had ever been exposed to the sun this wouldn't have been a problem...but since I don't think they've seen the sun since I came out of the womb they are slightly...well let's just say they glow they're so white.

Well it's time for bed. I think I've facebooked and blogged all I can for one evening. Time to go read my new Glamour magazine. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. wow, we'd love to have those temps! it was SO hot and humid yesterday you couldn't even go outside.

    ReplyDelete