Thursday, July 23, 2009

******EDITED*****New Foods

I have found the most amazing granola bar on the face of the earth. However, I can't seem to find anyone to try it. They are True Delights by Quaker Oats...and I must say...they truly are delightful!!! So after reading this I want you to run as fast as you can to the nearest grocery store. So??? Why are you still here reading this?? Okay fine...you can finish reading because I have more cool stuff to talk about. I have come to the realization that I LOVE cheese. Cheese and I could be best friends. Now I'm not so much a fan of the the sliced singles cheese...because quite frankly it's just blech. I recently discovered my new favorite gem of a cheese...Baby Bel. This is made by Laughing Cow...which I do love. A new girl at work was talking about how delicious Baby Bell cheese was...but I must sayI was a skeptic. It's cheese...and cheese is cheese. Boy was I wrong. I decided to buy some and give them a whirl. I happen to like cheese and apples so that's how I ate it. To say that it was love at first bite is a bit of an understatement. I can't even describe this cheese. It was a bolder, thicker version of the creamiest cream cheese you could ever have. Wow. So good! And it was particularly delicious with apples.
And lastly on the food front. Has anyone ever watched Bizarre Foods? I am addicted to this show. Granted when Andrew eats bugs it makes my stomach churn...but it has given me this desire to try funky foods. I recently gave Argentinian food a try. It's a mixture of French, Spanish, and Italian. I wasn't overly impressed...but that could have had more to do with my selection and the restaurant...not necessarily the cuisine. My next adventure is going to be trying Tapas. We have a Tapas restaurant, but the food isn't nearly as exciting and weird as I saw on the Spanish edition of Bizarre Foods.

Well I think that's about all for now. I really urge you to try those granola bars!!


3 comments:

  1. What kind of granola bar is it. You didn't tell a name. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I probably won't run out rightthissecond to get it, but our new Target Super Store opens tomorrow, and I'm sure they'll have lots of great deals on everything, so I'll see if they have them there!!! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen those bars here yet. I do love the Babybel cheese though. so good!

    I've seen a few episodes of Bizarre foods but it makes me cringe sometimes.

    ReplyDelete