Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just in time...

So Spring has sprung...and so have I.  Into action that is.  I am officially about the heaviest I have ever been and I am NOT enjoying it.  Therefore, I am going to change my lifestyle.  Notice I didn't say the dreaded "d" word.  It's about eating healthy.  I learned over the last three or four days that the key to surviving is:
1.  Don't buy things that are low fat that you know you won't limit.
2.  Find food and recipes that you will actually enjoy eating.  So far I have found several.

See, number one is key because I bought ww ice cream sandwiches...and I had popsicles.  However if you eat 8 popsicles (oh that's nothing for me) in one evening then the fact that they have low calories doesn't exactly count...because when you're eating 8 that adds up.  I have since decided that when this box of ice cream sandwiches...in all their delicious glory, is gone I won't get anymore.  I will just have to find something else to eat...that I may not gorge myself on. 

For dinner last night we had quesadillas.  I got the idea from here only I used white instead of whole wheat.  So basically it's one tortilla (I used the medium size - bigger than taco, smaller than quesadilla), cut up a red pepper (free on ww p+ now), cut up an onion (also free I believe), spinach leaves, ham (I bought the small ham pieces already cut up (it was 4 servings and it was 1.5 grams of fat per serving...so not bad), and the most amazing (seriously...I am SOOOO in love) Babybel Bonbel cheese.  Perfectly portioned incredibleness!!!  So you cut up the onion and cook until "scorched", then add the ham, and red pepper.  Cook about 3 minutes and then put on a plate.  Put a tortilla in the pan and put a little of the cheese (the creator of the recipe shredded hers...I just pulled mine apart) on half and top with the spinach (next time I have to figure out a way to wilt my spinach a little so I can add more), then top with the ham and veggie goodness followed by the rest of the cheese.  Fold the half that isn't covered over and press down.  Then after a couple minutes flip it.  Casey loved it.  I loved it.  I ate it without sour cream...which is a huge deal because I eat a condiment with practically everything.  I'm a dipper!!!  It was awesome!!  Tasted restaurant quality and all low fat.  I am LOVING Laughing Cow and all their cheeses. 

For lunch today...I have a new favorite sandwich that I got from the same website.  She calls it a Poor Mans Egg Sandwich.  All you do is take a hard boiled egg and slice it (I really need to get an egg slicer), then take your bread (I used the new sandwich thins...which are great) and put a thin coat of lite mayo.  I also put a little mustard...then top with your sliced egg and put salt  on it...then put the other piece of bread on top.  I hate pepper but most people would want to put salt and pepper on it.  It was SO tasty and really not that bad for you.  I shall have another tomorrow.

Well that's all for now.  Tonight I have to take my dreaded "before" pictures...WORST!!!  Oh well...I need motivation!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment