Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fantastic Recipe!!

It's not every day that I try a new recipe and the BF LOVES it. Normally he likes them...but I made one last night and he actually said he wanted it added to the weekly rotation! CRAZY!! I found it from the newest blog I stalk http://www.danicasdaily.com/. Danica is a fellow WW and she always has great recipes! This particular one was made with meatless crumbles...so in that regard I'm surprised the BF raved about it as much as he did. In fact, I don't think he would have been able to tell had I not let him in on the little secret! Are you ready for the recipe??


5 Ingredient Enchilada Skillet


INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup onion, chopped
12 oz Morningstar Farms® Veggie Frozen Burger Style Recipe Crumbles
8 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch squares
8 oz low-fat cheddar or colby cheese
16 oz Enchilada Sauce


INSTRUCTIONS
1. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Brown onion for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add veggie crumbles, sauce, tortillas and half the cheese. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Remove from heat and top with cheese.
Makes six 1 cup servings, 5 points+ each


I kind of had to start over this Monday because this weekend wasn't exactly WW friendly.  It's so hard when you have no willpower, and the person you live with isn't on a diet...or interested in being on a diet.  Don't get me wrong.  He WILL eat what I cook...but he doesn't watch what he eats outside of that...so Friday when he said "do you want Mexican"...the no willpower thing go the best of me and I said yes.  Oh well...starting fresh as of yesterday. 
One of my dear friends is having surgery on Thursday and has asked me if I would come check on her and make sure she's still alive.  So of course I said yes.  I asked her what she'd like me to bring her to eat...and she said Long John Silvers.  I quickly let her know that I must love her because I would never go to LJS while dieting.  I LOVE LJS.  But, being the good WW that I am, I quickly researched the NI so I too could eat LJS!!  I think for one piece of fish and one chicken plank it would be 12 points...so I mine as well just spring for 2 pieces of fish for 14.  Of course that only leaves me 15 points for the rest of the day...and with my newest coffee addiction there goes 3...so now I'm at 12.  Good thing I haven't used up all my extra points.  I'm still waiting for them to come out with the skinny pill.  You know...one that's safe and actually works. 


I was reading in First Magazine that Whey is the way to go.  Ha ha... Apparently whey helps with weight loss.  Not sure how reliable that is...but I did find it funny that they did a study and showed that people that drank two meal replacement shakes a day lost more weight than those that didn't.  Well no kidding.  Of course they lost more weight...they are essentially only eating one meal.  That's super for people that don't like food...but then again if you are a person that doesn't like food I doubt you have a weight problem. 
Well that's all for now.  I get to have my fantastic leftovers for lunch in 15 minutes.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment