Thursday, April 21, 2011

Come to the darkside...we have grapes!

I know what you're thinking.  Is she seriously going to talk about grapes again??  Yes, but only for a second so its okay.  :)  It seems I have started quite the following with my grape addiction.  I am thinking about starting my own cult.  Maybe I'll call it the Concord Cult.  And heck, I already live in a commune...or is it a compound??  so I'm one step ahead!!  Instead of drinking the Kool Aid we can have grape juice??  Okay, I'll leave that last part out of the deal! You see, every day I bring my precious grapes to work.  So one day last week NGB (Nerdy/Geeky Boy...and he will now be referred) was questioning them...so I made him had him try one.  And low and behold...my powers of being an evil genius worked...and the next day he actually came and asked me if I brought more.  And of course M. is a huge fan.  Somewhere, probably on a WW message board, I read that people dip them in sugar free jello and then freeze and it tastes like candy...so I tried it.  Let me tell you my discoveries.
1.  It stains your fingers (although it was awesome to watch M. eat them last night.  It made quite the mess but she enjoyed it...and I enjoyed watching her. (you should have seen her fingers)
2.  It tastes like gelatin...not like candy!!  IF I ever try this venture again, I will use kool-aid! 
 
Let me just tell you what I made last night.  It's actually the second time I have made it but I have perfected my talents!!  I found out that dieting doesn't have to suck...there are tasty alternatives...it's just a matter of finding them!!  Let me introduce you to my new bff!!  
This, my dear readers is a Flatout Pizza!  I didn't use the nugget pepperoni...I used real life sized Turkey Pepperoni.  So here's what you do.

  1. Heat over to 450.  (I made it on a pizza stone so I let that heat up too)
  2. Take a Flatout wrap and and place on stone (or on rack).
  3. Bake for approximately 5-7 minutes (flipping once)
  4. Take out and top with pizza sauce (we used genero spaghetti sauce), next top with turkey pepperoni, and lastly cheese. 
  5. I used the low fat mozzarella and also a couple of the babybel bonbels. 
 I think I probably cooked it for 10 minutes...but until it was all brown and toasty!  It was amazing...to the point that I would actually pass up real pizza if Casey got it, and not feel cheated!  So good in fact, I'm making it again tonight! 

I have a party tonight and one tomorrow.  I don't foresee either of them being any good...but hopefully I'll have fun!!  I am taking tomorrow off for some much needed R&R...although there won't be much maxin and relaxin because I have a mountain of laundry to catch up on due to the two nights of bed wetting. 

Oh...so Saturday night I came home from the not so fun party and I had to feed the cats.  So I did.  Then I go back out (mind you, it was cold) and there's a raccoon trying to eat their food.  I scared him off.  Well, I scared him up the tree.  That little sucker was NOT afraid of anything.  He kept trying to come back.  I yelled at him, threw my bubble wand at him...all to no avail.  I stayed outside as long as I could stand...and waited for the cats to finish eating.  This leads me to my story.  About a week ago Casey bought a Raccoon trap.  Now before you go oohing and awwwing, those little (although adorable) creatures wreck havoc on our lives.  We can't take the trash out because they rip it open and go through it.  That is not fun.  He set it up Sunday and by Monday he had his first visitor.  I didn't get to see it but I saw a picture and it was so cute.  I was really hoping to pay my respects to it but his dad had already taken it down by the river (no, not in a Van - only the SNL people will think that's funny) to release it.  :(  I guess Casey caught another one last night.  Poor little guys!  I'm torn about my feelings for such an adorable little thing.  At least they aren't being harmed.  (I don't need any letters from PETA).  I like to think of it as Raccoon Witness Protection!


No comments:

Post a Comment