Friday, September 10, 2010

Weekend...

This weekend we don’t have Madison so I really wanted to do something special. Oh crap…that requires money…and robbing a bank is hopefully not in my immediate plans. So…that means no traveling, or mini-weekend vaca. But in an attempt to make the most of the weekend regardless we will still have fun stuff to do. For starters…Casey and I will have our weekly Friday date night. Normally this just consists of going out to dinner. But we’ll probably stop at Longs and get our weekly crème horns too. I told him that we can’t keep spending $20 in pastries but maybe as a tradition we can each get 2 and we can enjoy them all weekend. There’s a little (and I mean LITTLE) hole in the wall place called Heine’s Famous Roast Beef. We were going to try it last weekend but decided on Texas Roadhouse instead thinking we’d go there Sunday. Well Sunday it was closed. So we’ll do that, and then get our pastries…and then…I’m going to bake. Yes, bake. A girl at work brought in a Heath Bar Cake for someone’s birthday tonight and I carried it for her. She’s lucky it’s still in the pan because I was pretty sure I was about to demolish it. So now I have to try to make it. My momma has made it and OMG it’s amazing!!! Yep…WW will be calling me for a membership when my weekend has concluded!!!

Then Saturday we’re driving up to Tipton to see my bff Michelle and her kids. Tipton’s about an hour away, so I guess it’s a mini road trip. It’s the Tipton Pork Festival. Yee Haw!! Do you know what this means???? It means LOTS of carny fair food. I can’t wait! Fair food is the best!!! I must consume at least one funnel cake, one buttered ear of corn, and I reckon one pork chop sandwich…since it is the PORK festival. Oh yeah…and I can’t forget that I will also be eating some cake!!! Seriously, I’m going to be the next Jenny Craig spokesperson after this weekend.

Who knows what Sunday will consist of? I have so much laundry to do. I’m pretty sure my laundry is procreating. It’s ridiculous. Maybe I’ll do some corn crafts now that I have a tiny strainer to help with my painting corn plan. We’ll see. I could stand to clean the house. And after all that is done, I will continue on my quest to read. I’ve kind of been addicted to reading lately…although this next months book for book club is kind of sucky…so I’m trying to power through it so I can read a book I actually want to read. I don’t know what that is yet…but I will figure it out if I ever get there.

I created a monster in Casey. I made the mistake of saying he should watch Lost on Netflix because he said he had watched the first 2-3 episodes of season 1 when it first came out. So now he watched all of season 1 in a week and is almost done with season 2. Its nuts!!! He’s addicted!!! I just want him to hurry up and get to Season 5 where I left off so I can catch up.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment