Thursday, September 23, 2010

I’m simply addicted to reading. That’s all there is to it. Ever since I received the Kindle I can’t put it away. I brought my lunch two days this week so I could read and ran downstairs and got something and brought it back today so I could read again. I’ve given up lunch with people…for reading. In fact, I haven’t watched hardly any tv. Casey and I watched a couple shows last night but I was still in bed by 8:30 to read.


We have had quite the week with Madison. She lost a tooth yesterday which Casey attributes to her bad behavior at school. I think she’s brought home a Red every day this week (which is NOT good). We have tried everything short of stringing her up by her toes on the light pole and NOTHING is working! It’s so frustrating. I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that she’s smarter than all of us and there’s nothing we can do. And she’s a sneaky little thing. She stole some poor kids cheerio’s two days ago (which she’s not supposed to have because they have gluten) and then this morning she snuck into the kitchen and tried to pilfer the candy corn. She’s also continued her fascination of picking the paint off her bedroom walls. To that I have also resigned myself. Now I’m trying to figure out what I can put on her walls that she can’t pick at. Would it be bad to have a childs room that has metal walls?? A nice sheet metal?? Surely she couldn’t pick through that…right?? And of course everything she picks at goes into her mouth. Apparently purple paint must taste SUPER GOOD because she has eaten enough of it to paint a whole other room. Ahhh the joy of children.

So last night I decided to perform surgery and it went very badly. The reason for the surgery in the first place was because my momma said it was very hard to hear me on the phone. I agree with this because at my old job someone had the phone that I am currently using and I hated talking to him on the phone. As a result of this, I decided to resuscitate my first Blackberry…since the last one took a swim. This was supposed to be an easy procedure…outpatient if anything. All I had to do was take off the screen, blow the dust out, and put the screen back on. I saw a dude do it on youtube and it looked like a piece of cake. Apparently, I am no dude on youtube because as I tried to pry the screen up, I ended up scratching the inside screen. At this point, I now realize that the phone was no longer salvageable, so I moved it into my phone morgue and started dissecting it for research. Well in the course of opening the phone up…the plastic sliced my finger open. Casey came to my aide with a Super Mario Bros. bandage and all was right with the world again. Now it’s Casey’s turn to perform surgery as I have a phone from work that was given to me that I could use to replace the piece of crap phone I have now…but it needs a new operating system…so if Casey can fix it then I’m good.

No comments:

Post a Comment