Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Ramblings...

So my book club friend and I were talking about different books today. She told me that her favorite author is Jodi Picoult. I mentioned that another girl we work with said how disappointing she was. Then again...the latter person is Ms. Pessimistic herself so I don't put a lot of stock in what she says. Of course after Amy (book club friend) told me how brilliant Jodi Picoult was I HAD to read something of hers. I checked the library but no dice there. All checked out. Now...I have this horrible problem where if I get something on my mind that I want (ie: a book, a song, a movie, etc) I MUST have it...immediately. Its definitely not a good trait to possess, but one I possess anyway. Amy said she'd bring me the book tomorrow but that just wasn't going to work. What would I read tonight? Well I ended up going to her house to get it. I think Jodi has 16 books and I hope she's as good as everyone says, so I can have something to read for a long time. This particular book is Nineteen Minutes. From what I got from Amy its about this boy that was picked on horribly his entire life and eventually he snaps...and becomes a school shooter. Being a bleeding heart liberal (as my boss/friend so kindly put it today) I am sure I will find this book especially interesting. While I obviously don't condone killing (I'm against it in ALL ways, shapes, and forms...not just against it in a way that suits my beliefs) I do see why these people turn to these horrific crime. Kids can be cruel...horrible. Bullying should be a no tolerance offense. I was never bullied...but I was the victim of incredibly hurtful words in middle school...and I remember the name of the kid that did it as well as the words that were said..and the class it was in. Mrs. Callendrella to be exact...and I don't remember ANYTHING...much less middle school teachers names...so needless to say...I'll never ever forget. Anyway...I feel for those kids being bullied just as much as I feel for the people affected by these senseless shootings. I will let you know how the book is...and if you have read her books, please let me know what you thought!!!

I have an obsession. A horrible obsession. A very very fattening obsession...but this one ranks right up there with my obsession for Flav-o-ice popsicles. You're probably dying to know what it is. Well...it's Cheddar popcorn. Seiferts to be exact. OMG...I could eat this popcorn like its my job. I probably have a corn stalk growing in my stomach as we speak.

All those years of watching the Price is Right finally paid off!!!! My bloggy friend Girlville had a contest to guess how much she sold at her greats aunt's estate sale. Seeing as how I've never been to an estate sale I honestly had no idea...so...in true Sarah fashion...my guess was $1. You know...from Price is Right. I won, I won, I won!!! YAYAYAYAYAY me!!!!! I am so greatful for my bloggy friends!!!

Well...I guess that's all for tonight. I really thought I had more to say than this...but guess not. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment